To provide a welcoming and convenient home base where families may take care of their basic needs so they can better focus on what really matters: caring for their critically ill or injured child.
Thanks to an active volunteer program and generous community support, each year approximately:
- 1,300 families reside with us during their child’s hospitalization
- 11,000 additional people use our Family Care Center, coming for meals, computer access, and other essential resources
- 130,000 meals are served free of charge to family members with hospital identification
- 200 siblings of hospitalized children take part in education and enrichment programs, including the onsite School Away from School.
Return on Investment
We are able to have a tremendous impact on the lives of families, impacting the whole community.
- Hospitalized children: Children heal faster when families are near.
- Families: Parents and healthy siblings can manage challenges better when residing together.
- Pediatric Medicine: Hospitals require parents to be present for treatments. By housing parents, we help to make long-term and advanced treatments for children possible.
- Residents of Southern California: We can all feel assured that we have a safety net to fall back on if our children become seriously ill.
- Volunteers and Donors: Volunteers and donors deepen their engagement in civic life and contribute to a stronger San Diego by supporting our House.