Home of Guiding Hands (HGH) was created as a result of a small, but dedicated and ambitious group of leaders in East County. Since our inception in 1961, Home of Guiding Hands has provided benchmark programming and housing for men, women and children with developmental disabilities. We don’t see ourselves as caregivers; rather, we are partners, facilitators, community members and teachers.
Today, we have evolved from a 14-acre campus in Lakeside, to 31 four to six person homes and community and home based services throughout San Diego County and Imperial Valley.
HGH is one of the largest providers of supports and services in San Diego County, serving over 1,500 children, adolescents and adults with developmental disabilities. At HGH, we believe that individuals thrive where they can direct their own lives in a setting that offers a more fulfilling lifestyle, provides individualized attention, increased opportunities for self-sufficiency, and encourages greater community integration and access.
In 2011, we assumed operations of Supporting Alternative Solutions (SAS). SAS brought progressive expertise in Early Childhood Development, Respite, and residential homes for children and adolescents, in particular for those requiring intense behavioral supports. HGH now provides a continuum of services for all ages: from Early Childhood Development serving infants and toddlers, Residential services for children, adolescents and adults, In home Respite serving all ages, a Community Living Program, Counseling & Family Support Services and a variety of quality of life programs.
In 2012, Home of Guiding Hands assumed the operations and assets of The Charles I. Cheneweth Foundation (CICF). HGH now provides specialized transportation services to individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities. The availability of this service enables adults with profound medical needs to connect with others in their community in a safe and effective manner.
We believe a self-directed life is a birthright for all. HGH maintains a commitment to best practices in our program delivery and service provision. We are committed to maximizing the independence, productivity and quality of life for individuals with developmental disabilities.
We strive to deliver person-centered and person-directed services to all children, adolescents and adults who live in our homes or participate in our programs.
We commit to:
- The highest quality services
- Honoring individual life choices
- Best practices
- Evidence based services
- Champion the rights of persons with developmental disabilities
- Partner with families
- Develop person-centered professional staff
- Fiscal responsibility
Our Mission Statement
To Improve the Lives of Those We Serve
To be recognized as the premier provider of a dynamic spectrum of individualized services supporting persons with special needs
Our Core Values
At Home of Guiding Hands we…
- Provide the highest quality person centered service as determined by the needs of customers and clients
- Advocate for the support of individuals and families to enhance their quality of life
- Are a dynamic organization that is forward thinking, accepts change, and uses its resources responsibly
- Act with integrity and professionalism; and treat all persons with respect
- Encourage and support open and honest communication and mutual respect throughout the organization
- Value accountability to our service recipients, donors, community partners, community and ourselves
- Operate in a fiscally responsible, sustainable, and effective manner
- Value all staff and encourage teamwork
Para más información en español por favor llame al (619) 938-2850