ABOUT PACIFIC ARTS MOVEMENT
Our mission is to present Pan Asian media arts for San Diego residents and visitors in order to inspire, entertain, and support a more compassionate society.
From our award-winning high school documentary program Reel Voices, to festival initiatives like Youth Day and Artists in Schools, we are dedicated to nurturing a new generation of creative leaders. We share powerful stories with audiences year-round through the San Diego Asian Film Festival, Spring Showcase, Spotlight Screenings, Outdoor Screenings, and Film Forums.
- SPRING SHOWCASE, COMING APRIL 2017: An 8-day presentation of the best of Asian and Asian American cinema on the other side of the calendar year.
- REEL VOICES: A 10-week spring and summer documentary program training local high school students to become socially-conscious digital storytellers.
- YOUTH DAY: A free day of youth-oriented film screenings to culturally educate, enlighten, and enhance students’ film literacy skills.
- OUTDOOR CINEMA: We take movies to the great outdoors throughout San Diego County.
- FILM FORUM: A benefit for Pac Arts members interested in learning how to watch film with a critical eye.
Like many non-profits, we depend on the incredible support from our members. Your membership helps us continue to present the best in Asian and Asian American cinema, and it also helps support the many independent artists who can only exist through media arts organizations like Pacific Arts Movement. As a member, not only are you supporting us but also receiving great deals and discounts to all that Pac Arts has to offer. Click here to join or visit us at the Membership Table at the San Diego Asian Film Festival.