1. Enjoy… Kids eat, stay and play for free throughout San Diego for the month of October with Kids Free San Diego Month. During the entire month, families with children can enjoy special deals at San Diego hotels, restaurants, attractions and museums. Take advantage of these deals and enjoy San Diego with your loved ones while doing so. www.sandiego.org/kidsfree
2. Support… Club de Niños y Niñas seeks to achieve the same positive effect on Mexican kids as the well-known Boys & Girls Clubs of America has had on American kids for over a hundred years. Visit their website to find out about their salon series of events. www.clubnyninc.org
3. Spook… Halloween soirées are all around San Diego. Celebrate Halloween by picking your own pumpkin from the pumpkin patch, visiting Village Walk Eastlake for trick-or-treating, or celebrate at one of the many costumed theme parties. For the spooky at heart the California Ballet will present Dracula. Whichever you decide to do be safe, have fun and get your scary on this October.
4. Explore… This year, Cabrillo National Monument is celebrating 100 years as San Diego’s only National Monument. October 12-14 the celebration will highlight the history with tours of the lighthouse, bunkers, the Cabrillo Cake-off contest and many more exciting activities. This October celebrate with San Diegians and cheer to celebrating the future. www.cabrillocentennial.org
1. Ferragosto 2013…. Little Italy America, the Roaring 20’s, the largest themed Italian American Gala comes Roaring back to Little Italy on August 17. Don your fedoras, frills for A Night When Everyone is Italian, and enjoy a 1920’s car show, burlesque dancers, casino, music, dancing and a five-course dinner. Proceeds support the historical preservation of Little Italy, school art & cultural programs and scholarships. www.ferragostosd.org
2. Unleash your inner child…. and help hundreds of Boys & Girls in San Diego at the same time at the hilarious half marathon and wacky 5K at Jack Murphy Stadium on July 7. Participants will have a chance to see everyone’s ridiculous costumes as they run, jog, stroll or hop and listen to music along the course. Bring your loved ones and have a silly old time as you help make a difference in children’s lives. www.costumepartyrun.com
3. Baja California concerts…. are in full swing bringing in big names such as Yuri, Mijares and Ricardo Montaner among many more. Plan to attend these one-of-a-kind summer concerts that offer outdoor settings with spectacular backdrops. Wine, food, ambiance, music and the outdoors will come together bringing an unforgettable experience. www.discoverbajacalifornia.com
4. (RE)Discover Tijuana…. at the Mingei International Museum on July 19. Enjoy an evening of art, music and food – celebrating the culture and cuisine of Tijuana and Guadalupe Valley while viewing Mingei International Museum’s new exhibitions. To mark the 124th anniversary of Tijuana, the museum will bring a bit of Tijuana back to Balboa Park. The event will feature food by Chef Julian Plasencia, plus wines and margaritas from the Baja California region, live music and more. www.mingei.org