25 Ideas for Family Fun
Spending time with your children is pure joy for any parent, especially here in San Diego where the possibilities of fun things to do are endless. From days on the beach or at the park to indoor adventures like traveling through time at a local museum, there is something to explore for all ages. Whether your kids are scientists in the making or young athletes, there are plenty of available activities and things to Do in San Diego with Kids for any interests you and your family share, no matter what part of the county you live in. Create a memorable summer for your children while they enjoy their break from school or treat your family from out of town to a weekend, they will never forget by taking them on a family-friendly outing. Get inspired with these 25 ideas:
- Belmont Park: San Diego’s historic amusement park has rides, arcade games, and yummy snacks to enjoy.
- Museums: Whether your kids are interested in space, dinosaurs, or science there are plenty of museums to visit.
- Balboa Park: Visit the Japanese Friendship Garden, one of the many museums, or enjoy live music on the lawn.
- La Jolla Cove: Watch the seals from the wall, swim in the cove, or scuba dive in La Jolla Cove.
- Julian Mining Company: Pan for gold and gems, some of which you can even take home.
- Catch a Game at PETCO Park: Give your kids the classic baseball experience while cheering on the Padres.
- Rock n’ Jump Trampoline Park: Perfect for energetic kids, they have a jumping arena, dodgeball, climbing, and other fun activities.
- Drive-in Movies: Pack up the car with blankets, pillows, and snacks and catch a double-screening under the stars at the local drive-in theater.
- Whale Watching Tours: Rich with ocean life, San Diego has whale-watching tours year round.
- Alpaca Farms: San Diego is home to several alpaca farms where you take tours and even feed the alpacas.
- Laser Tag: Bring on the friendly competition with laser tag.
- California Wolf Center: Learn more about wolves and see some up-close.
- Go Kart Racing: Challenge your kids to a race around the track at Speed Circuit & Family Fun Center.
- Aquatica: This local water park is perfect for summer days with waterslides, rides, and animal interactions.
- Surfing: San Diego is home to some of the best surf spots, take some surf lessons together.
- Bonfires at the Beach: Roast s’mores, tell stories, and more all while listening to waves crash on the beach.
- San Diego Speedboat Adventures: Children 5 years and older can get the thrill of a lifetime while you drive your very own speedboat through the Bay.
- Waterfront Park: Let them play on the expansive playground and water fountains.
- Sugar Sweet Farm: Pet goats, rabbits, chickens, and more at this friendly farm.
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps: With over 5,000 fish, this is the perfect place to visit if your kids love sea life.
- Summer Movies in the Park: Watch some of your favorite movies and enjoy the outdoors with the rest of your community at your local park.
- San Diego Zoo: Interact with wildlife and learn about hundreds of species.
- San Diego Safari Park: For an up-close encounter with some of the world’s rarest animals, take a safari tour.
- SeaWorld San Diego: From rides and shows to animal experiences with marine mammals, SeaWorld has it all.
- LEGOLAND: If your kid loves LEGOs, this is a must visit.
Whatever you choose to do, you kids will love making memories with you.