From organic living to the casual elegance of La Jolla, Westfield UTC presents the ultimate resort shopping experience. The Center is now in the midst of a $600 million expansion that is inspired by the unique La Jolla lifestyle. The new UTC will offer a relaxed, sophisticated outdoor destination that celebrates the best of La Jolla in a true “coastal resort” setting. Alfresco dining patios, vine-clad building facades with stone accents, exciting new shops along shady, meandering outdoor lanes, crisp architecture framing breezy upper level views, local commissioned sculptures and seating areas set within lush landscaping.
These are the touches that will combine to define the new UTC and reflect the sense of place that makes La Jolla so special. In addition to the expansion, the project also encompasses:
– A new two-level flagship Nordstrom
– A combination indoor & outdoor event space overlooking the new North End outdoor dining and shopping district
– A palm lined valet drop off with fully appointed, contemporary arrival lounge
– Three new water features accenting new open air courtyards
– A new five level parking structure with cutting-edge Park Assist navigation technology
Westfield UTC will be San Diego’s next “It” dining destination with a diverse array of new culinary offerings set to debut later this year – from cutting-edge casual concepts to award-winning upscale eateries. Retro-hip Great Maple, upscale-healthy True Food Kitchen and celebrated global dumpling house Din Tai Fung along with trendy Shake Shack, the country club-ish Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar and the high-end Javier’s Finest Food of Mexico are among the new restaurants set to make UTC the ultimate destination for shopping and dining.