GTK SUSAN G KOMENRaising funds to provide uninsured women access to life saving breast cancer treatments and services, the Susan G. Komen San Diego Race for the Cure® is set for Sunday, November 4 in Balboa Park.

“With more than 38% of San Diegans uninsured, this event is more important than ever because this is the only breast cancer walk raising funds to provide life-saving treatments and services to uninsured people in San Diego County,” Laura Farmer Sherman, executive director of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, San Diego tells Giving Back Magazine. “The economy has stalled, unemployment rates are high – and the need is growing bigger every day.”

Susan G. Komen for the Cure is the world’s largest grassroots breast cancer foundation that is both an international force for research and a local resource to help uninsured women in need.

Every dollar donated is earmarked to help an uninsured or underinsured person and her family get diagnosed, treated and healthy again. In fact, 75% of every dollar raised stays here in San Diego County to provide everything from free diagnostic mammograms, surgeries and treatments to meal delivery, transportation and temporary financial help.  The remaining 25% of the funds goes to international research. Next to the U.S. government, Susan G. Komen for the Cure® is the largest funder of breast cancer research in the world.

Register today!  www.KomenSanDiego.org