We teach kids how to get a job, start a business, and how to manage money.
WHAT: Junior Achievement of San Diego County
WHEN: Established in 1950 in San Diego
WHERE: Serving San Diego and San Diego County
STAFF: 40 staff members
REACH: 75,000 students kindergarten through 12th grades in 2016-2017 school year
MISSION: To empower young people to own their economic success
THREE PILLARS: Financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship
VISION: Since 1950, Junior Achievement of San Diego County has provided life-changing programs to more than 854,000 youth—in the classroom and after school—to foster an understanding of how the “real world” works. To ensure youth are prepared for their future, JA teaches them how to get a job, start a business and how to manage money. During the 2015/2016- school year, JA of San Diego served more than 61,800 students, K-12, including 15,686 5th graders at the popular McGrath Family JA BizTown. With the launch of Mission Fed JA Finance Park, JA’s goal is to serve nearly 75,000 youth from 36 school districts during the 2016/2017-calendar school year. JA programs reach every ethnic and economic demographic. For many students, the JA experience is a major highlight of their academic year. More than 5,600 volunteers annually, including 48 board members, a staff of 40 and a budget of $3 million help to keep the JA experience relevant for youth. For the latest news and information, please visit: jasandiego.org
The McGrath Family JA BizTown
Elementary School In-Class Programs
Middle School In-Class Programs
High School In-Class Programs
JA Company Program
Summer Camp Programs
JA Finance Park
PRESIDENT & CEO: Marla Black
- We believe every child deserves an education in economics and finances.
- Our goal is to prepare young people for the real world by showing them how to create jobs and apply entrepreneurial thinking to the workplace.
- In learning the lessons and putting them into action through our programs, our students become intimately familiar with economics and finances.
- We use experiential, hands-on programs to help students understand and master the knowledge and skills they'll need as adults.
- As part of Junior Achievement USA, we bring to San Diego and Imperial Counties the power and resources of the world's largest organization dedicated to preparing our youth for life in a global economy.